Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Appalachian Heart Wood

Welcome to my blog. I am new to this. It was hard just trying to figure out a name to call the blog. Heart wood....the center of a tree. Strong and fine grained. Good "nough". I'm Appalachian by heritage. That is a deep subject in itself. I live in the heart of Appalachia as have nine generations before me on one family branch and Lord knows how many generations on others. But don't hold that against me. My grandfather told us that these mountains and waters were our blood. Not in our blood but "our blood". My family has seen many changes in the mountains. We are still seeing them. It's quite a bit to ponder. Since cold weather is upon us and winter is coming on soon and we have that new high speed internet...time to make it pay for itself and get some use out of it.


This blog will be for history, genealogy, issues that affect me and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment