Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What to Post on a Blog?

As I see this the world has much in common but Appalachian people definitely have their own take or view of it. We are said to be "funny turned" referring to creating a spindle or leg of wood on a lathe that doesn't quite fit with the other legs of a chair. Good enough analogy. I just realized this endeavor is going to be some work to it. This is not as easy as I thought it might be. But it will be interesting.

I will try to focus on one subject at a time but life crosses over and it's amazing what you learn while doing something else. Maybe it would be best to create an outline and see what works and what doesn't. Might sit down tonight and tell a couple of the old scary stories I remember (if I can remember them) that grand daddy Burress told sitting under his hickory tree since it's Halloween this weekend.

Later this weekend I will start with a craft. How about good ol' Corn husk dolls? It's fall. Then maybe the Civil War since I'm trying to unravel this story of a grandfather that is pretty tragic. Then how about an article on old versus new Appalachia? This high speed is awesome though we did not get access to it until last Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment